I must tell you, I spoke with someone who has yet to steer my wrong on this journey, and she pointed out that:
1. he may be the right person at the wrong time.
2. it's ALL about the timing.
3. she can see my progress and agrees with my decision to take some time for myself.
4. I didn't tell her anything fatal about him or how I feel about him.
5. I may very well find him again one day soon - when the time is right - and then it could be the happiness I'm looking for.
I know she's pulling for him - for us - but she has my best interests in mind. And I do hope she's right, about all of it. But, if I never find my way back to him, I will never feel like it was time wasted. It was a relationship that was almost perfect - at almost the right time.