1. I'm sad that I've hurt him.
2. I do miss him - sometimes.
3. Other times I do not.
4. I'm sad/embarassed/hurt/frustrated that other people don't understand why we got divorced. (And "someone*" even told me that my reasons for divorcing him were not even valid and that I needed to get over myself. *Thanks, Dad.)
5. I know that it wouldn't work if we got back together becuase he doesn't appear to have accepted that he's not perfect.
6. It's gut-wrenching that someone, someday, will get the parts of him that are wonderful - along with the parts of him that are not, however.
I know people DO get remarried after they divorce. It even happened to my own grandparents - back in the days when divorce was a terrible stigma.
Regardless of what the future brings, he will never, EVER trust me again. So, I do not hold out hope that we will reconcile. That part doesn't make me sad.
The part that tears me up is that although WE had problems, he didn't love me enough to take a hard look at himself, and accept responsibility for his part in OUR problems. And until he takes that hard, honest, look at himself, he is destined to repeat the mistakes he made and have failing relationships.
I truly hope he does the work he needs to do on himself. He's a good guy that wants to be loved more than almost anything.