This is a huge victory for me. Here’s why:
1. When faced with a mountain of paperwork, I shut down.
2. Anything concerning money makes me sick to my stomach.
3. It very hard for me to ask for help – especially from my dad.
But I did all of those things.
Some were easier than others, and most involved a LOT of crying.
Aside from my divorce, this was probably the most involved, confusing and emotionally charged accomplishment of my adult life. This is what I learned along the way:
1. People want to help me just like I want to help people.
2. Real estate is in my blood and is a huge part of who I am.
3. I really have accomplished a lot – a LOT – since my divorce.
So, it’s all done. And I couldn’t have done it without the help and support of my family and friends.